ACCURACY OVERHAUL SERVICE
Transition your pistol to one that performs with improved accuracy and reliability. In addition, your pistol will look like new should you choose to have it refinished.
We start with a complete evaluation of your pistol. We will contact you if there are concerns with the pistol not included in the overhaul package.
Barrel, bushing, barrel link, trigger, ejector, extractor, firing pin, firing pin stop, and all spring replacements are included in the Accuracy Overhaul package. Plunger tube replaced, if required. Parts not listed that require replacement will incur an extra charge beyond the total listed. Barrel included with the work is a standard bushing Kart non-ramped 5″ barrel. Bull barrels, tapered sleeve barrels, ramped barrels, and 4.25″ or 6″ barrels are additional. Refinishing needed as a result of work performed is additional.
There is no evaluation charge. Return shipping is your responsibility should you decide not to have the work performed or the pistol is not usable because of condition.
Price for Accuracy Overhaul is $1,250 – Basic accuracy overhaul charge (does not include additional charges for non-covered replacement parts);
Add $100 for a pistol with a ramped barrel or one that will require a ramped barrel to correct a problem;
Add $125 for installation of a Bull Barrel or tampered sleeve bushing barrel, on request.
ACCURACY OVERHAUL INCLUDES
- Kart match barrel and match bushing installed
- Fit the slide to the frame, if required
- Properly fit NEW extractor and firing pin stop
- Replace and properly fit NEW ejector
- Fit NEW trigger
- Trigger job as requested
- Replace all springs
- Replace firing pin
- Correct slide stop if undamaged
- Dress all internal/mating surfaces and parts of frame
- Correct and polish the breech face
- Correct link clearance slot
- Machine disconnector slot
- Correct magazine catch
- Correct all safeties if undamaged
- Dress/correct magazine well
- Correct edges and blemishes, where possible
- Lower ejection port if required
- Correct frame feed ramp
- Correct barrel throat
- Correct/polish barrel chamber
- Crown barrel
- Correct or install new plunger tube
- One tuned single stack magazine provided
- Function fire a minimum of 25 rounds (Add $250 if you would like your pistol Ransom Rest tested)
RELIABILITY TUNING SERVICE
If it seems like your production 1911 (or 2011) pistol has been experiencing reliability issues – and many do – we have the solution to your problems
with our reliability tuning. Because of the vast number of different parts of differing quality used in the manufacture of the 1911, we start
with a complete evaluation of your pistol, including build quality and parts used in the build. In addition, we examine the pistol for defects
and perform a comprehensive safety check.
As a result of wear and quality issues of internal parts found after the examination, certain parts are rejected in factory production pistols. These rejections can include the hammer, sear, disconnector, spring, trigger, and extractor. Consequently, parts not listed as included that require replacement incur an extra charge beyond the total listed.
We will contact you before beginning the tuning if there are concerns with the pistol that will not be included in the tuning package. There is no evaluation charge, however, you are responsible for return shipping if you decide not to have the work performed or if the pistol is not usable because of condition.
Refinishing needed as a result of work performed is additional.
RELIABILITY PACKAGE INCLUDES
- Adjust and correct the extractor (if usable)
- Adjust and correct the ejector (if usable)
- Refit the trigger (if existing trigger can be used)
- Trigger job at 3 ½ – 4 lbs (with existing parts if usable); Additional options for the trigger job are available.
- Replace springs as needed
- Correct slide stop
- Correct and dress all internal parts/surfaces
- Dress breech face
- Clearance link slot, if needed
- Machine disconnector slot
- Correct magazine catch lock
- Inspect all safeties
- Replace barrel link if needed
- Lower ejection port if required
- True frame feed ramp
- Correct barrel throat
- Correct/polish barrel chamber
- Crown barrel
- Correct or install plunger tube
- Tuned single stack magazines ($50/ea)
Basic reliability tuning charge
(does not include additional
charges for non-covered
SLIDE – FRAME -BARREL
Chamber barrel – $75
Compensator install/fit ONLY – $250 + cost of parts; fitting guide rod & reverse plug cut are additional if necessary
Crown barrel – $45 standard 11° or 45°; $75 recessed crown 11° or 45°
Crown barrel: flush cut & crown 11° or 45°– $100; recessed crown 11° or 45° – $125
Extend barrel throat (leade/freebore) – $45
Flute Barrel – $200
Hybrid/Island/Sight Tracker Barrel Slide Cut – $100
Install Barrel Bushing – $75 (includes bushing)
Install New Hybrid/Island/Sight Tracker Barrel – $275 + parts (Does not include machining of slide)
Install Match Grade Non-Ramped Barrel and Match Bushing – $225 + parts
Install Match Grade Barrel with Supported Ramp and Match Bushing – $225 + parts
Install Match Grade BULL Barrel with Supported Ramp – $275 + parts
Install Match Grade Barrel with Tapered Sleeve Bushing – $350 + parts (includes barrel threading)
Install Match Grade Barrel with TUNGSTEN Tapered Sleeve Bushing – $350 + parts (includes barrel threading)
Install Match Grade Barrel threaded for suppressor (ANY BARREL LISTED) – Add $100
LASER ENGRAVING – POR
Porting – Price depends on the firearm & number of ports. Contact us for pricing.
Throat Barrel and Polish Throat & Feed Ramp – $100
Thread Barrel for tapered sleeve, compensator, or suppressor – $100
Prices for labor only unless otherwise indicated
Bobtail® – machine frame for Bobtail® mainspring housing – $150
Drill and tap for customer supplied scope mount – $30 per hole
C-More Mount – $200 + parts
Ejector – fit/tune and blended to back of frame/slide (requires refinishing, not included) – $80
Frame to Slide Re-fit: welded, machined, fit – $400
Frame to Slide custom fit (not previously fit) – $300 includes blending slide to frame, extractor & ejector blending
Front Strap: Checker – $250 (20, 25lpi)
Front Strap: Checker – $350 (30lpi)
Front Strap: Checker Custom Designs – $400 & up
Front Strap: High Cut (relief allows grip hand to rise for higher grip on pistol) – $175
Front Strap: Stipple – $150
Grip Safety: Beavertail — hand fit, blend, and tune; no frame modification – $125
Grip Safety: Beavertail — hand fit, blend, and tune; modify frame – $225
Grip Safety: Beavertail — grip safety can be hairline fit by micro-welding the tangs – $300
Grip Safety: Beavertail — refit or correct existing – $45
LASER ENGRAVING – POR
Machine frame for ramped barrel – $150
Machine frame ramp to correct dimensions – $100
Machine Government frame to Commander frame – $100
Machine Government slide and frame to Commander size – $180
Magazine Release Fit – $75
Magazine Tuning – $50/magazine
Magwell Blending – $100
Magwell/Mainspring Housing: fit and blend – $200
Mainspring Housing (25lpi or 30lpi), installed & fit – $50
Plunger tube: fit or replace – $45
Thumb Safety, Ambidextrous, install/fit – $125
Thumb Safety, Ambidextrous, blend – $75
Thumb Safety: Single Sided, regular or extended, fit – $75
Trigger Work – Look under Trigger/Action Work on this page
Slide Stop: countersink pin hole – $65
Slide Stop: countersink pin hole & flush cut slide stop – $100
Slide Stop: flush cut only – $45
Slide Stop: fit new – $65
Slide Stop: modify for easy disassembly/assembly – $35
Slide: Breech face, correct and polish (includes correcting the feeding relief) – $50
Slide: Browning Hi-power style cut – $150
Slide Bevel: lower edges of slide/correct slide’s edge bevels – $100
Slide Blending: previously fit ejector, extractor, grip safety – $200
Slide: Bull Nose front of slide – $150
Slide: Cocking serrations; match or re-cut existing – $200 front matching or re-cut; $325 front/rear re-cut
Slide: Custom cocking serrations, front or rear – $175
Slide: Custom cocking serrations, both front and rear – $250
Slide: Custom top cuts – $250 and up
Slide: Custom side cuts – $200 and up
Slide: Disconnector rail machine for the Marvel disconnector cut (improves reliability) – $75
Slide: Ejection port lower and flare – $95
Slide: Extractor fit, tune, and polish new extractor – $95
Slide: Extractor blending to back of slide (does not include refinishing of slide) – $75
Slide: Extractor – tune existing extractor – $40
Slide: Firing pin plate, fit new – $35
Slide/Frame: custom fit (not previously fit) – $300 includes blending slide to frame, extractor & ejector blending
Slide/Frame: Re-fit: welded, machined, fit – $400
Slide: Hybrid Barrel Slide Cut – $85
Slide: LASER ENGRAVING – POR
Slide: Lightening Cuts (Forward) – $150
Slide: Lightening Cuts (Internal) – $100
Slide: Melt/dehorn all slide edges/corners – $195
Slide: Lightening Cuts (Custom) – Hourly Rate
Slide: Mill flat on top (approx .375” wide) – $125
Slide Racker: Machine Dovetail – $80
Slide Racker: Install Ball Detent – $60
Slide Racker: Drill & Tap Set Screw Hole – $30
Slide Release Fit: – $40
Slide: Serration pattern cut in top (standard patterns) – $175
Slide: Serrate the rear and bevel edges – $175
Slide: Spring Tunnel ball cut – $150
Slide: Spring Tunnel machine for reverse plug – $85
Slide: Standard recoil plug interior dressed – $25
Slide: Stipple rear and bevel edges – $75
Slide: Stipple spring tunnel – $75
Slide: Stipple top – $150
Slide: Stipple top and cut serration pattern into top – $275
Slide: “Texas border” cut top edge of slide where the “round” meets the flat – $150
Slide: Tri-cut top of slide – $250
Slide: Tri-cut top of slide / stipple top flat & border cut – $375
Slide: Tri-cut top of slide/custom design cut the top flat – hourly rate
TRIGGER & ACTION
Our Trigger job includes dressing and/or fitting the trigger, sear, disconnector, hammer,
strut, and mainspring housing, as well as replacement of firing pin, sear, and
mainspring housing springs.
Trigger jobs less than 3.5 lbs. are not recommended for duty or EDC carry pistols
1911 or 2011
- Install Standard N.M. Trigger – $45.00: there are many makes of triggers of varying prices, if you have a specific type of trigger you wish to have installed, contact us
- Trigger Job, 3.5≥ lb. pull weight, installing customer supplied or with pistol’s existing (if parts are useable) parts – $200
- Trigger Job (Tool Steel hammer, sear, and disconnector, 3.5≥ lbs.) – $225, includes parts listed
- Trigger Job for competition (Tool Steel hammer, sear, and disconnector, 2><3.5 lb) – $250 – includes parts listed
- Trigger Job for competition (Tool Steel hammer, sear, and disconnector, ≤ 2lbs) – $300
SIGHT & OPTIC WORK
Your slide is evaluated upon arrival to determine that an optics cut can be safely milled into the slide. If we determine your slide can’t be upgraded, we’ll send it back to you at no charge and issue a complete refund minus shipping.
Any 2011/1911/STI slide that has a safety plunger, e.g. Series 80 safety, CANNOT be milled for any optic or adapter plate due to the cut going into the safety plunger cavity.
The Holosun 407K / 507k, RMSc, Romeo ZERO, RMRcc, and others, can be mounted directly to your slide without an adapter plate. This will save you the cost of the adapter plate. All other optics must be mounted with an adapter plate.
Both direct mill and optic plate adapter cuts require the rear dovetail to be milled away, in most cases. An optic adapter plate with an iron sight built into the plate may be available for your pistol.
For custom or non-standard sight cuts, call us and we will discuss your specific needs.
MACHINING & INSTALLATION PRICES FOR NOVAK, BOMAR, HEINE, KIMBER, AND ANY OTHER STYLE SIGHTS, OPTICS, AND SLIDE RACKERS (DOES NOT INCLUDE COST OF SIGHTS OR SIGHT-IN OF SIGHTS):
Drill & Tap Set Screw Hole for Optic Mount – $30/hole
Drill & Tap Set Screw Hole for Slide Racker – $30
Install Front sight – $25
Install Rear sight – $35
Install Front & Rear sight – $55
Mill Front & Rear Cuts (Novak) & Install Sights – $225
Mill Front & Rear Cuts (BOMAR) & Install Sights – $250
Mill Front Dovetail Only (GI) – $50
Mill Rear Dovetail Only (GI) – $75
Mill Front Sight Dovetail (Novak, STI, or similar) – $75
Mill Bomar Rear Only Sight Cut (standard or modified) – $180
Mill Novak, Heine, Kimber or Similar REAR Only Sight Cut – $160
Mill slide to mount optic (RMR, Romeo, Vortex, Holosun, etc.) with adapter – $275
Mill slide for direct mounting of optic, square ends – $180
Mill slide for direct mounting of optic, radius end optic – $225
Sight-in service for your pistol – $75
Ransom Rest Testing of your pistol – $250
FIREARM FINISHING (KNIVES CAN BE COATED TOO):
- Diamond Like Coating (DLC) in black
- PVD coatings in black, gray, chrome, silver/gray, yellow gold, pale gold, rainbow, blue, and bronze
- Nitride finishes
- Bluing of both stainless steel and carbon steel (bluing of stainless steel imparts a black finish on the pistol)
METAL/SURFACE PREP FOR DLC/PVD FINISHES: SURFACE PREP DETERMINES WHAT THE METAL TREATMENT LOOKS LIKE AFTER APPLICATION.
BLASTED SURFACES ARE A SMOOTH MATTE (SATIN MATTE) TEXTURE
- Blast (Fine AlOx/Glass Bead) entire gun & parts (Satin Matte) – included
- Blast (Fine AlOx/Glass Bead) frame & slide rounds; sand slide flats to 400-600 grit add $100; 800-1000 add $150; anything over 1000 grit is bright polish + $200 (slide flats only)
- Polished safeties and slide stop + $100; polished barrel, barrel bushing + $100
- Polished Magwell + $75
- Polished Full Length Guide Rod + $40
- Polished Magazine Release + $40
- Polished Spring Plug (face only) + $40
- Polished Hammer & sear pins, polished plunger pings, polished mainspring housing pin + $50
- Polished Grip Screws + $40
Gunsmithing charges are $80/hr when necessary.
TURN AROUND ON DLC & PVD IS 3-6 WEEKS NOT INCLUDING TIME IN TRANSIT BETWEEN YOU AND OUR SHOP. SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
BLACK OXIDE FOR STAINLESS STEEL & BLUING FOR CARBON STEEL
Black Oxide (on stainless steel) Pricing:
Complete Pistol – Matte $300, Brushed $400, Polished $650
Bluing (carbon steel) Pricing:
Complete Pistol – Matte $375, Brushed $450, Polished $650
TURN AROUND ON BLACK OXIDE & BLUING FINISHES IS 4 WEEKS NOT INCLUDING TIME IN TRANSIT BETWEEN YOU AND OUR SHOP.
DIAMOND LIKE COATING (DLC) & PVD COATINGS
- Complete handgun – $550 SINGLE COATING/COLOR; $600 TWO COLORS/COATINGS
- Frame only – $300
- Frame & External Parts – $400
- Slide including Extractor – $300
- Barrel (up to 8″) – $125
- Misc. Small Parts – $25 each
- Compensator (not attached)- $75
- Magazine (disassembled, metal tube only) – $30
- Magwell – $75
- AR Bolt Carrier Group DLC – $175
- AR Bolt Carrier Group PVD (Gold, Silver, etc.) – $190
- AR Bolt only – $75
- AR Bolt Carrier only – $125
- Rifle Receiver (disassembled) – $245
- Rifle Bolt (disassembled) – $190
- Knives (blade only)- $6 per inch of overall length
Turn around is currently 4-5 weeks on DLC/PVD coatings, not including time in transit between our shop and you.
Just about every metal piece of your firearm can be coated. Commonly coated parts include:
- Complete handguns
- AR Rifles
- AR Bolts & Carriers
- Rifle Receivers/Bolts
- Muzzle Devices/Compensators
R-CORE LIQUID NITRIDING (SIMILAR TO MELONITE & TENIFER)
Firearm finishing using liquid nitriding is widely used to enhance the wear and corrosion resistance of plain carbon steels; low alloy steels; and stainless steels.R-Core nitriding produces a tough, ductile layer that has wear properties that are 200% to 1000% greater than the original material, and greatly enhanced resistance to corrosion, galling and scuffing. Below this layer is another layer that exhibits substantial enhancement of fatigue strength, typically 20% to 100%.
Minimum charge for Black Nitride: $300
- Complete Gun – $400
- Slide – $200
- Barrel (Pistol) – $75
- Barrel (Rifle) – $150
- Frame – $200
- Magazine (tube only) – $25
- Small Parts – $20 each
Cerakote is a Polymer-Ceramic Composite coating that can be applied to metals, plastics, polymers and wood. The unique formulation used for Cerakote ceramic coating enhances a number of physical performance properties including abrasion/wear resistance, corrosion resistance, chemical resistance, impact strength, and hardness.
One color: $200; Two colors: $250; Three colors: $275
Slide or Frame Only: $125; Hardware Only: $50
One color: $250; Two colors: $300; Three colors: $350
AR Upper or Lower: $100
Patterns available: Camo, Kryptek, Snakeskin, etc. Call for more or custom patterns.
Patterns: $75 additional
LASER ENGRAVING FIREARMS
We offer 2D & 3D engraving with our state-of-the-art QMF-50+ 100W laser engraver/cutter.
Deep River Customs has an 07 FFL with SOT. That means we can receive, transfer, and process assembled Class 3 Firearms, including SBRs and Suppressors. Typical engraving work for Class 3 Firearms includes Trust Engraving, serial numbers, logos, and other operating marks. We can engrave lettering, numbers, designs, and almost any image. You can provide the artwork or we can design it for you. We also are able to serialize receivers and engrave NFA firearms and suppressors.
We create custom designs and in house Graphic Design available upon request. The final price on custom engraving cannot be determined until the project is complete but an estimate may be given.
If you already have your design in a format that we can use without having to redesign it your cost will be dramatically lower. Engraving Logos & simple graphics (you provide the design file) up to 1″x1″ – $60; 1″x1″ to 2″x2″ – $80. Engraving large sizes (up to 6″x6″) – Price on Request.
The cost is $80 to take your image and convert it into something that our laser can use, plus cost to engrave (more complex/larger design=more time to engrave=more the cost to engrave).
- ATF Minimum Spec is: 0.062″ Tall and 0.003″ deep. Deep River Customs engraves all ATF markings at a minimum of 0.065″ Tall and 0.003″ deep.
- Standard Text and Location NFA Engraving: $65 (Includes 2 lines w/20 characters per line, extra lines $20 each, extra characters $2 each)
- AR-15 Magwell surface only: $115; deep engraving: $125
- Non- Standard Location NFA Engraving: $100 (ie: front of magwell, inside trigger guard, inside lip of magwell – front of the magwell can only be engraved on a lower with the buffer tube removed)
FFL Engraving for non-NFA items
- FIREARMS – Manufacturers markings (company name, city, state, serial number) – $65 (frame/slide/barrel)
- FIREARMS – Any other characters or numbers: 2 lines – $65, additional lines – $20/line
- MAGAZINES – we will engrave names, initials, and numbers on your magazines. $35 for set up and engraving of the 1st magazine, $6/magazine for any additional mags with the same engraving. UP TO 2 LINES OF LETTERS/NUMBERS.
Gunsmith labor for required disassembly/re-assembly – $80/hr.
BARREL PORTING & BARREL THREADING
- Standard (2-Port) – $ 200
- Quad Port (4-Port) – bbls less than 3” – $250
- Dual Trapezoidal (4-Port) bbls 3” or longer – $250
- Rifle Style (4-Port) bbls 7.5” or longer – $250
- *S&W Airlite Ti, Scandium 500 and Sleeved bbls with 2-Ports – $265.00
- *S&W 500 or 329PD with 4-Ports – $295
- Alaskan and other sleeved models – $225
*Complete gun is required
- Through slide & barrel (2 ports) – $275
- Barrel or slide only (slide or extra bbl) – $175
- *Thread semi-auto pistol barrel $100
- Port (4-Ports) $275
- Single Barrel – $200
- Over/under (both barrels) – $275
- Over/Under (bottom barrel only) – $200
- Side-by-side – $275
- Crown only $75.00
- Cut & Crown Rifle Barrel $175
- *Thread Rifle Barrel $200
- Time customer supplied muzzle brake $45-75
*Must provide thread specs and length of thread
UPS and FedEx have recently changed their policy on shipment of firearms by the general public. US Postal Service does not allow shipment of firearms EXCEPT by FFL holders.
It is our understanding that UPS and FedEx no longer allow non-FFL holders to ship firearms for any reason using their services. This means that non-FFL holders wishing to ship a firearm must take the firearm to an FFL for shipping. If the firearm comes to us from an FFL, we must return it to that FFL.
Verify this yourself with UPS or FedEx before shipping any firearm.
You may ship a complete handgun or semi-automatic pistol through UPS or FED EX using 2ND Day Air service (please read above advisory). FFL holders and law enforcement may use USPS to ship a handgun or semi-automatic pistol. If you are shipping a barrel only, slide & barrel, or inoperable handgun (less cylinder) you may use USPS, UPS, or FED EX ground.
- Barreled rifle actions can be sent directly via USPS, FED EX or UPS ground service.
- Rifle barrels only or barreled rifle actions only are needed for Threading or Muzzle Brake services. Stocks, scopes, and bolts should be removed.
- Additional charges apply when we must remove the action from the stock and reassemble or any other work not related to threading of the barrel. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR BOLTS RECEIVED WITH RIFLES.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT OCCURS IN TRANSIT WHILE IN THE POSSESSION OF THE CARRIER. IF YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT THIS, INSURE THE FIREARM AND REQUEST THAT WE INSURE THE FIREARM WHEN RETURNED TO YOU. Insurance can substantially increase your shipping costs.